Specific local policy includes:
- Heightened support for local community groups through better access to funding streams, appropriate and timely advice, provision of appropriate space, and creating functional partnerships with Council.
- Development of ‘Garden web’ type networks that bring people together around community projects
- Creation of new community space at Hillsborough/Monte Cecilia and in the restored Mt Roskill Municipal Chambers.
- Advocacy for library services to be provided in the Wesley area, which currently has some of the poorest library access on the isthmus.
- Advocacy for a Living Wage so that work is rewarded, local people can live with dignity, and spending power in our local economy is increased.
- Establishing a local children’s panel to ensure that we receive input from our youngest citizens.
- Provide more small scale community notice boards at local shopping areas to help keep the community connected.
- Supporting local events that fit with community priorities and support local groups to deliver them.